Pivoting from Graphic Design to Medical Administration and Medical Database Administration
Hi, My name is Siew Ling. I am making a career pivot from a freelance graphic designer to medical administration. From the outside, this might seem like an extraordinary leap, but it actually isn’t. Based on my love of microbiology, having studied Latin (I thought I was going to be a microbiologist), including four years of art school anatomy, and my career designing web-based products in the banking industry. My job as a freelance designer did not stop at designing interfaces, I also managed projects with the development team and coordinated with the client’s team. I developed custom workflow for my clients to work out how their operations work for them with new and existing technology. I never lost sight of wanting to work in the medical industry because I care that people who need medical help get it.
- Very detailed oriented, and organized
- Fast and accurate typist (76 words/min with a 5% margin of error)
- Very strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and 10+ designing and implementing custom branded communication in Mac and Windows)
- Experience with an EMR (Accuro: 6 months, JaneApp: 5+ years)
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
Up to date with 3 Covid Vaccination
Certified in First Aid CPR & AED by St. Johns Ambulance
Currently working on Medical Terminology through The Michener Institute
B. Design, Ontario College of Art & Design University
AOCAD (Associate of Ontario College of Art & Design)
Feel free to send me a message.
Thank you! I'll contact you within 48 hours. Have a wonderful day.